Saturday, January 18, 2014

Coastal Scents Pressed Shadow Pots - Swatches & Review

So I ordered eight shadow pots from Coastal Scents along with my 252 eyeshadow palette (separate review later).

Upon the opening on my package. It was well packaged and my pressed shadow pots came in a cute little blue bag.
(w/o flash)

w/o flash
From left to right: 
Thunderous, Cocoa Diamond, Flesh Tone, Vibrant Red, Mai Tai, Vintage Burgundy, Wild Raisin, Vibrant Plum

 w/ flash
From left to right: 
Thunderous, Cocoa Diamond, Flesh Tone, Vibrant Red, Mai Tai, Vintage Burgundy, Wild Raisin, Vibrant Plum



In order from left to right:
  • THUNDEROUS
    First of Thunderous is very pigmented and is a gorgeous steel grey color with satin color.
  • COCOA DIAMOND
    Cocoa Diamond is a beautiful opaque brown with a nice sheen to it. I think this will go well with slightly tan and darker skin tones. Very easy to blend.
  • FLESH TONE
    Flesh Tone is a lovely golden beige color with shimmer. Great as a highlight color. Great for warm/neutral undertones.
  • VIBRANT RED
    Vibrant Red is a matte red which is a little bit opaque with you apply. I feel like it leans towards more of a orangery-red than a true red. It is very pigmented!
  • MAI TAI
    Mai Tai, is a mauve color with a brownish tone to it with silver flecks of shimmer. I like using this color with Cocoa Diamond. :)
  • VINTAGE BURGUNDY
    I've been in love with purple eyes and so Vintage Burgundy, just like the name suggest is a rich burgundy color, perfect for a smoky eye ;) and has a satin like finish.
  • WILD RAISIN
    Wild Raisin, is a mix of a cranberry-burgundy matte color.
  • VIBRANT PLUM
    Vibrant Plum, is probably the less pigmented as the other seven colors (kind disappointed me there). I had to swatch it 2-3 times on my arm in the picture above. But it is a beautiful vibrant purple, once you build up the color. 


You can purchase them @ http://www.coastalscents.com/
Originally they are $1.95/each but I got them during the holiday break so it was $1.17/each.
 Disclaimer: These products were bought by myself. [: <3


No comments:

Post a Comment